Terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the supply and conduct of all services by Da Vinci aesthetics. In the event of an inconsistency between these terms and conditions and the contents of the literature provided by Da Vinci aestheticss to the Patient or verbal discussion, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
In these terms and conditions, the following words and expressions shall have the meanings respectively set against:
- “DVA”- Da Vinci aestheticss
- “Consent Form” – The consent form signed by the Patient consenting to the Relevant Treatment;
- “Consultation” – An in-person appointment with a Relevant Practitioner;
- Doctor” – A General Medical Practitioner being registered to practice with the General Medical Council;
- “Non-Surgical Treatment “ – Treatment supplied by Da Vinci aestheticss not being a Surgical Operation.
- “Nurse” – A nurse registered to practice by the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council(NMC);
- “Patient” – Any person who has entered or is contemplating entering into a contract for a Surgical Procedure or Non-Surgical Treatment with Da Vinci aestheticss
- “Procedure” – A procedure to be procured by Da Vinci aesthetics for a Patient of a surgical nature to be performed by a Surgeon / Doctor;
- “Readmission Policy” – As set out in the Patient’s Guide relating to the re-admission of your surgical or non-surgical procedure
- “Refund Policy” – As set out in the Patient’s Guide relating to the refund of payments;
- “Relevant Practitioner” – A Nurse, Surgeon or Doctor (as the case may be);
- “Relevant Treatment” – The Procedure or Non-Surgical Treatment booked through Da Vinci aesthetics carried out or to be carried out on the Patient by a Relevant Practitioner;
- “Surgeon” – Means a medical practitioner being registered to practice with the General Medical Council.
In providing a Relevant Treatment for a Patient, Da Vinci aesthetics shall:
- Ensure all procedures are only carried out by a surgeon on the specialist registrar as a Plastic Surgeon with the GMC UK or International equivalent;
- Ensure non-surgical Treatments are carried out by a Relevant Practitioner;
- Perform all procedures and relevant treatments at facilities registered and regulated by the UK Care Quality Commission (CQC);
- Provide the patient with such information that can be reasonably expected to be necessary for the patient to understand the nature of the Relevant Treatment being offered and the risks and conditions normally associated with such Relevant Treatment.
- The patient should be responsible for reading and understanding the Patients Booklet or information literature provide by us via print or digitally before and after their relevant treatment.
- The patient should be responsible for reading and understanding any medical notes and consent forms provided during the journey of their surgery, from initial enquiry to the date of their relevant treatment.
- Make payments on invoices as they fall due in relation to their relevant treatment.
Relationship with our surgeons
DVA accepts no responsibility for matters which are covered within the professional responsibility of the relevant Practitioner or Doctor. All Surgeons and Doctors remain independent Medical Professionals.
- The Relevant Practitioner is fully insured against claims for professional negligence on terms that DVA reasonably considers are normal given prevailing market conditions at the relevant time with either the Medical Defence Union, the Medical Protection Society or another appropriate Medical Insurance organisation.
- The Relevant Practitioner holds the necessary qualifications and registration in the UK.
- The Surgeon or Doctor is registered with the GMC (General Medical Council) in the UK.
- Without prejudice to the generality of above, the Surgeon or Doctor is solely responsible for deciding whether for not the Patient is suitable for the Relevant Treatment.
- The patient shall pay the costs of their relevant treatment(s) at times when they fall due. DVA Refund Policy shall apply to all such payments. All fees for the Relevant Treatment(s) shall be paid in accordance with any payment schedule agreed with the Patient on the dates stated in their payment schedule. Payments for Relevant Treatments are currently exempt from VAT.
- Any late/delayed payments or breach in the payment schedule of the patient may result in cancellation of their consultation or relevant treatment. The administration cost of any decision made by DVA to cancel a patient’s consultation or relevant treatment due to late payment is set out in our Cancellation Policy below.
If your confirmation of surgery is made or confirmed less than 14 days before your proposed date of surgery, the terms mentioned below remain applicable.
Upon paying your deposit amount to confirm your surgery date, if there is a reschedule to that date, a rescheduling administration fee will apply. In cases where you reschedule your booked date for surgery giving up to:
- 14 days or more notice – the administration fee is £250.00
- 13 days to 3 days notice – the administration fee is £400.00
- 72 Hours or less – the administration fee is £950.00
- These fees will be added to the total operation fee and will be payable prior to surgery.
- If you subsequently cancel rescheduled surgery, then Da Vinci aesthetics refund policy will be applied based on the rescheduled period in both rescheduled and cancelled dates.
- If you reschedule your surgery more than once, the full balance of your surgery will be payable upon any subsequent confirmation of a rescheduled date.
YOU ARE COVERED FOR:
Please note that if you are deemed unfit or unwell on the day of surgery as indicated by our nursing team, Anaesthetist or Surgeon, your surgery will be fully rescheduled at no charge. You will be required to provide a medical note from your GP or be assessed at the hospital on the day of your procedure.
YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR:
This does NOT include postponement of surgery from being unfit for surgery due to you not following pre-surgery requirements e.g. when you are advised to stop eating/drinking or taking certain medication for the day of surgery and these are not adhered to.
CONSULTATIONS / SURGEON APPOINTMENTS
Consultations with relevant practitioners may carry a consultation fee(£50). Upon booking a consultation, if you subsequently decide to cancel that date, an administration fee may apply. In cases where patient cancels their booked consultation giving:
- More than 15 Days notice –No fees apply
- Less than 15 Days notice – £50 administration fee
- Non Attendance without notice – £50 administration fee
- These fees will be deducted from any payments already made by the patient or added to the cost of any rescheduled consultation.
- Previously cancelled consultations and subsequently new appointment bookings are non-refundable, once confirmed.
If you cancel your surgery, or due to late payments, your procedure has been cancelled by DVA, any consultations fees are non-refundable.DVA will also charge or retain the following administration costs if cancellation is within the following time periods:
If cancellation of your surgery is:
- 14 days or more before surgery – £400.00
- 13 to 7 days before surgery – £950.00
6 days up to and including the start time of the surgery – 100% cost of your surgery
If you originally paid the fees by credit or debit card you will be refunded on the same card or paid via bank transfer directly to your account.
- If you originally paid by cash or cheque the refund will, in both instances, be refunded via a bank transfer.
- All refunds are processed within 21 days from the agreement to any refund with the patient.
- Any refunds due which are not claimed within 12 months of the final payment will be forfeited.
Tests, Investigations,- Any tests, investigations indicated by our clinical team or surgeon are included in the cost of your surgery invoice. Should you cancel your procedure, the costs of any tests or investigations will be charged at the applicable cost.
Tests, Investigations – Any tests, investigations indicated by our clinical team, within the first 28 day period following surgery, will be provided free of charge. Any care commenced during this period will be continued on this basis as deemed necessary by the clinical team and our surgeon.
Consultations, Reviews – Any follow-up consultations with your Surgeon are always included in the cost of your surgery.
A cost of £50.00 will be payable if you fail to attend any of your appointments without giving notice before the appointment time.
Post-operative review appointments with the clinic nurse will be provided in line with the post-operative care regime for your procedure, or as your recovery dictates. No further appointments are required unless clinically indicated.
Review appointments with your surgeon will be provided in line with the post-operative care regime for your procedure, or as your recovery dictates. There will be a fee for surgical consultations outside of our readmission period which is 2 years after surgery.
WHATSAPP AFTERCARE SERVICE
The WhatsApp Service is an instant Messaging Service for sending messages or photos after normal clinic hours for medical assistance.
- This service is 24 hours a day available to patients for the first 8 weeksafter their surgery only.
- The WhatsApp service is only for medical questions relating to your recovery and aftercare.
- This service is not provided for arranging appointments, requesting medical notes/letters or new patient referrals.
Any requests in Point-3 of this section (WhatsApp Aftercare Service) may not be attended to if requested by WhatsApp. Please contact Da Vinci aesthetics by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for all other queries.
Re admission policy
For up to 2 years after your procedure if, after your operation (allowing 12 months for your whole recovery process to be completed), you and your surgeon agree that further surgery (as part of the original procedure) is necessary to correct an unforeseen result outside of those listed in your consent to surgery document, DVA will provide all surgical and hospital services, and nursing care free of charge. If however, your surgeon decides that the results of a surgical procedure are acceptable within the normal limits of surgery, and a further surgery can NOT guarantee a significant improvement on your results then further surgery at no cost may not be possible.
After 2 years, DVA’s usual full fees will apply.
- DVA will not provide continuing surgery at special rates where the results of the surgery originally provided has been affected by changes in the lifestyle, illness or the natural ageing process.
- Or where the original surgeon is not available DVA reserve the right to review the basis upon which any additional surgery is provided.
- This policy may be affected if the patient moves away from the area in which they lived when the original surgery was provided.
- This policy may be affected if a patient fails to attend review appointments or follow advice and guidance as indicated by our clinical team.
Access to medical records
Patients may request to view their medical records. A member of the medical team must be present
Patients wishing to request a copy of their medical records should expect their records within 21 days of the request.
- Medical Referral – £0.00 (When Related to Your Surgery)
- Medical History – £0.00
- Medical Leave Letters – £25.00
- Surgery Notes – £40.00
- Surgery and Theatre Notes – £60.00
As a Clinic that takes absolute pride in patient care during the completion and aftercare of your treatment, please feel free to raise any concerns with any member of our Hospital nursing team or supporting staff who are there to assist you.
The Hospital (The Private Clinic, 1 Fitzroy Square) is regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). If you are unhappy with any aspect of your treatment or care, please contact your patient relations team or the hospital manager who will assist in resolving any concerns.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, you should do so, in writing, to:
Da Vinci Aesthetics, Kingfisher Heights Waterside Way, London N179GL
The complaint is investigated in line with company policy.
- Written complaint acknowledged within 7 working days
- Formal response made within 28 days
All patient satisfaction is monitored through the clinical governance process.
DVA processes data relating to Patients in connection with the Relevant Treatment provided to those Patients in accordance with these terms and conditions
DVA wishes to disclose data relating to Patients to the Surgeons, Doctors and Nurses in the course of the Relevant Treatment and DVA wish to have the consent of the Patient to such disclosure.
- The patient is deemed to consent to the disclosure of sensitive personal data by DVA to Surgeons, Doctors and Nurses for the purpose of discussing the Patients Treatment.
- The Patient acknowledges that DVA is obtaining this consent for themselves in order that they may comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
The service provided by DVA and the Relevant Practitioners shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.